THE COWORKING ACCELERATOR NETWORK
EXPLORE QUALITY COWORKING 2018
MAY 21—22, 2018 • EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND
An energising two-day workshop exploring key insights and strategies for building your quality coworking business
"Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I now feel far more empowered to sell the concept."
– Bill Harvey
Are you planning to launch, or have you recently launched, a quality coworking space? Then this event is for you!
- Receive critical insights that will shape your business model and delivery, and inform success for your business and your community.
- Learn from highly experienced, successful quality coworking space operators.
- Work on your plans for developing your space alongside others on the same journey.
Join other leaders who are creating quality coworking businesses in their communities at EXPLORE Quality Coworking, May 21—22, 2018
"If you are thinking about creating a 'true' coworking environment, go on this course."
– Ann-Marie Treacy
DESIGNED FOR LEADERS, BY LEADERS
EXPLORE Quality Coworking is for leaders and decision makers who are starting community-focused quality coworking spaces.
If you share our Quality Coworking Commitments and Core Values, this event is for you.
- Co-location of multiple businesses – sparking cross-pollination and new opportunities
- Multi-functional spaces – servicing practical, inspiring facilities which enable businesses and people to grow
- Personalised hosting – actively facilitating the community and creating social capital
- Expanded network – broadening coworkers' experiences, connections, and profile
- Peer support – deepening a constructive and collaborative culture
- Learning experiences – building intellectual capital through professional and personal development
People unleash their potential and become resilient when they develop a true sense of belonging.
People and businesses grow and endure when talent, relationships and opportunities are nurtured.
Communities thrive when people, spaces and places create a joined-up ecosystem.
GROW YOUR SPACE AND COMMUNITY
A participative and energising training experience over two days, you will EXPLORE the key elements that will make your quality coworking business a success for you and your community.
Through focused inputs and in-depth discussions, you will create a workable plan to develop your space and figure out what will make it great, or even greater.
You will use the Coworking Canvas to:
- Draw on the experience of experts and peers to develop your ideas for your business model
- Work out your "value enablers" and "value creators" of quality coworking, as they relate to your business model and community
- Create a workable plan for growing and operating a sustainable space
- Connect with your values, principles and purpose
- Map your potential impact and learn how to track it
"Invaluable ... [the Coworking Canvas] clearly enhanced our understanding and clarified what we already had in the bag, had already planned for, and what we hadn't given any or sufficient thought to."
– Crick Carleton
Monday 21 May, 2018
9:30am arrival – 4:30pm close (followed by informal drinks)
Tuesday 22 May, 2018
9:00am arrival – 5:00pm close
Heavily subsidised thanks to the Scottish Government, tickets for the two-day workshop are currently only £200 for one attendee or £350 for two attendees (prices are ex. VAT, and places are capped at a maximum of 2 attendees per organisation)
Apply by completing the form below
The Melting Pot
Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation
One of the world's first coworking spaces (est. 2007) in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland
Claire Carpenter, Founder and CEO, The Melting Pot
Claire began work on The Melting Pot in 2005 to address issues faced by social innovators and the organisations they develop in their route to make social change. The space opened in central Edinburgh in 2007.
Claire continues to lead the development of The Melting Pot – exploring routes to stimulate and support social innovation through spaces, resources and relationships. Her expertise is in personal, organisational and community development – including building a social enterprise from scratch.
Sam Baumber, Social Entrepreneur
Sam has 20 years’ experience in starting and growing social enterprises and charitable organisations. He is a co-founder of five social enterprises and enjoys using his energy to create new opportunities, experiment and turn ideas into reality.
As a social entrepreneur, Sam was one of the first tutors recruited to facilitate learning programmes as part of the Social Enterprise Academy, and is currently leading the Academy’s international replication.
WITH INPUT FROM
David Stroud, Chief Operations Officer, Coworking Accelerator Network
David set up and ran his own coworking business in 2013 before joining the team at The Melting Pot and leading the development of the Coworking Accelerator Network. With a background in business development, systems, design, marketing and communications, he is passionate about promoting and supporting the coworking community – and coworking leaders – globally.
Samantha Hulls, Operations & Communications Manager, The Melting Pot
Sam oversees the daily operations of The Melting Pot's coworking space, responsible for hosting, marketing, communications and social media. Sam’s skills include event coordination, government policy and commercial law litigation.
"Packed full of useful information. Worth every penny!"
– Karen Bain
EXPLORE Quality Coworking is limited to 15 organisations (up to 2 people per organisation). Tickets are heavily subsidised thanks to the Scottish Government who are supporting this event.
Apply now by completing the form below
Maximum two attendees per organisation. Both attendees must be senior leaders / decision makers
N.B. Ticket prices are non-refundable and do not include travel or accommodation